Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Piriformis Syndrome

Has anyone had piriformis Release, or piriformis removal of the muscle?  I saw a comment, and responded to it, however I do not know what site it was on.  The gentleman was saying the he went to Cleveland and Dr Keppler released it, but that releasing it is not the way to treat it, that having it cut and removed is how it should be done.?

I would like to know where you can go, and what doctor does piriformis removal?  I have it scheduled next week with Dr Keppler and would love some response on anyone that has had it done by him.

Thanks

Barb

advertisement

Comments

• Hi Barb. I don't know if you're still checking this thread since it's been a few months but I was wondering your surgery went? Do you recommend the doctor and/or the surgery? I hope you're healing well. Did it help? You had the piriformis removal, right? I'm wondering now if this is one of my main issues caused from a car accident I was in back in Feb 2017. My Dr. is considering now that I may have hip issues, but I think I have a couple issues at once causing all my right sided pain. Anyway, I hope you're doing better now! Happy 2019! --M

• barbararobbbbarbararobb Posts: 19
    edited 03/28/2019 - 7:52 AM

Mega, I did have the piriformis release in October 2018 by [edit] in Cleveland.  The surgery went well, and has helped some with the “intense pain” that I was having in my thigh.  Because the release involved “nerves” the complete recovery process will take time.  

Hoping for the best, and hooong you find relief also!

Post edited:  5.10 You agree not to post specific physician names or health care facilities names on Spine-Health.com.

Ron DiLauro

• advertisement