Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Heavenly 2015 to now

in late 2014 to may of april of 2015 i had a severly herniated disc that a week after consult i was having it repaired and healing process again my stitches were removed and spinal leaked so i went to the hospital i had surgery to find out i had a small bump leaking after stitches which i left at 9pm to 4am for a er appoitment

after that i started pain mangement and had series of injections and offerd a spinal cord stimulator i declined mutliple times because i have a pitutary Tumor and i need yearly Mris so i cannot have one

then i am digsnosed with Degenertive Disc Disease and as told because i am 26 and not in a bad shape as of the first few months

the last few months ive had alot of pain and it effects my quality of life and what the doctors said was theres not much you can do about DDD and just gave meds and six month check ups and its hard to deal even at my age i work hard to maintain a good heathy life ive lost weight PT critopractor dosent help ive tried it all

i had a never study of my arm following a neck MrI i go back to pain management next month

i feel i should ask for a second opioin by a diffrent doctor 

i feel only being 26 this DDD is a big limitation but i work with it i enjoy as much as i can

i try hard to be my best when i feel bad im currently on tizanadine gabapentin and mobic for the pain management im trying to walk and keep active

my conserns are:

will my DDD  get worse as i age or will i need surgery down the road? i have a mild case os cerbal palsy so that also adds to the DDD pain

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,526
    You need to read this All about Degenerative Disc Disease

I have been living with this condition for over 25 years now. There are a number of approved exercises plus over the counter NSAIDS that can really help manage this condition. Does it get worse over time? Good question. I havent notice any real change in 25 years , so for me, the answer would be no. Conditions such as Spinal Stenosis on the other hand will worsen over time.

Remember, DDD effects almost every person once they reach 25 years. Some get it sooner, some later, some more advanced then others. Only the more severe cases of DDD require surgical intervention. And if DDD was the only problem, personally, I would never go for surgery.

Also, my personal view, forget the chiropractor. I doubt they can offer much assistance. You will find that the majority of the members here really are totally opposed to any chiropractor treating them.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • Ron, You are spot on about Chiropractic MDs, So many post about going to Chiros and having their necks adjusted etc..etc.. To ALL members, NEVER let anyone manipulate your neck!  Google how many patients have died or been paralyzed, or suffered serious injuries while having their necks manipulated! 

DavidG

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

• advertisement
  • Okay thank you!  I feel bad and my sister and i discussed a second opion as the pain management team i am working wifh does not get that because ive has a tumor i need yearly MRI tests for monitoring the tumor even if  it is gone they still want to monitor it i also had a neve study on my arm which now hurts and my right leg hurts Again after months and im vary uncomfortable with going to see my PM team

As far as a Second Opion should i consult my Neurosurgon or another Pain management group?

• HeavenlyRae, just my opinion I’d see a neurologist first and follow his/ her recommendations 

DavidG

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

• im seeking a second opinion at a diffrent pain management clinic and going from there as of right now 

• advertisement
  • I guess the pain management/neurology system work together but i cant get in untill the end of the month i am going to look into a tens unit or how artificial discs work which is worth looking into 

• the past week has been hard on me i fell in Walmart and it added to the already almost disabling pain sweepng the floor was  vary painful i have been losing weight and being active but the pain does not end and its getting to me emotionally i dont know what to do i did speak to my therepist and he says he wishes he could take the pain away for me he hates seeing me in pain everyone does 

im just lost

• as of today i have lumbar spinal stenosis and Lumber DDD combined with a past of lyme disease and a mind case of cerebal palsy

• So sorry you are goign through this. FIRST find a Neurosurgeon that will LISTEN to you.  find one that will take the time to answer questions.  I have one that is amazing and he has been awesome with all I have gone through.  It CAN get better, not all can be fixed through surgery, nor should it be attempted, BUT a GOOD doc will have other options beside "live with it".

• i saw a pain management NP for about a year the doctor is so far booked out she said blood test and im like wait why? i have a mild case of cerebal palsy and other issues and i already am going for a second opinion it just frusrated me how can  have both? is it an overlap?

advertisement