Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Heavenly 2015 to now

Comments

• Jerome001Jerome001 Cocoa Beach, FloridaPosts: 356

Heavenlyrae, sorry I cannot help other than to say you are not alone. I wish I could do something for you.

• I know being 26 and its so frustrating to be told that theres nothing they can do i go for a second opinion after thanksgiving a week after

• advertisement
  • So im going to go on a little rant because one im confused and two im frustrated 

So my Pain Management appoitment was a mess the NP was not clear on what was really going on stating i had a MRI of my Lumbar spine in 2016 and this year as well

NEVER HAD A LUMBAR MRI IN 2017! The  she just tosses in i have Spinal Stenosis and DDD together the askes me if i had bloodwork related to my back she does tests to see what hurts by the time that shes sit down to her desk im almost in tears because she dosent listen to me and thank goodness my mother called and i needed to leave asap so i said i had to leave she took me to make a new appt and the lady wasnt there i tell her to call me with an appt preferrbally a TUESDAY but its made on a day i have no ride down im just done with that Center

My sister is willing to take me to a clinic two hours away to have a secone opinion

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,528

Did your doctor show you the MRI reports?  That would spell out in detail the results from the radiologist who read the report and images.  Many doctors just look at the images and bypass the reports

You are entitled to have both the Written reports and Images on a CD.   Just ask the center where they were taken and they can provide you with that information.

Having the report in front of you is always helpful.  Make copies so that you can bring it with you to any second or third opinion.

Both Spinal Stenosis and Degenerative Disc Disease are conditions that should and can be easily identified by the images and written onto the report.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • Can they together make back pain worse?

• advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,528

Together they will make you more uncomfortable.  I was living with Degenerative Disc Disease both in my lumbar and cervical areas for over 20 years.  Yes, there was daily pain, but through exercises and occasional NSAIDs, I was able to mange that.    I had Spinal stenosis in my lumbar region identified back in 2009.  In 2013, a mri image indicated L2/L3 as mild stenosis.  In 2016, the mri image came back with L2-L5 severe stenosis with less than 3mm in cord depth.  For that surgery happened almost immediately.

But please take a look at these series of articles, I believe they will help

All about Spinal Stenosis

All about Degenerative Disc Disease

All about the Spinal Anatomy

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • Yeah so last night im not to happy to report i had one incident of incontinence and more symtoms today then what it was like neutopathy down my right leg  to my foot i cant wait for the appt tuesday

• Happy Holidays!  The past few weeks after tthr second opinion I was told that my treatment for what I have now is on point 

But There has been a pressure type of pain in my lumbar spine and I am feeling some slight discomfort iin my legs I have a appt in Feb so I try and holds out

• Happy New Year! is it a little late for that? anyways a little update the weather has been wild i have been working alot more so im not a homebody which helps with the pain this morning waking up  was quite painful prior to this ive had low-no pain now id say ts easily a 2-5 pain scale

i have a new PA at the pain managemet clinic ive been going to i have never met her so may be she wll be easier to talk to also should i need and surgical care my Neurosurgon s right there in the same area

im willing to give this new person a chance and see what happens like ive said when i went for the second opinion they told me where i am now is doing everything right and im getting good care maybe i just need to listen more worry less

• Thursday, i saw Pain management and talked to a PA and not the NP she had left the practive the Pa was vary helpful open and honest she was worried that somthings happend and wants a new MRI which i must say my insurence cleared in less then a few hours after i saw her i DID check with my insurence and they set me up with a follow up with the pain managment doctor

what got me was she listened and offered suggestions and she asked me to consider CBD oil for  help and also looked at me and commented that my relationship with  my psycologist is good and that hes a message away (he and his wife will let me text them for meds and stuff} she orderd a back brace for now i do feel ive been blessed with a good PA and that i have faith now

she also mentioned after the MRI and results i may need surgery she wants to explore that option and that does make me feel comfortable knowing she knows what shes doing and dosent think seeing my neurosuegon will hurt

the pain is at a constant 7-10 it was 9 at the appt im not really getting much releif anymore even after walking 3x a week and being active i rest when i can and i try not to stay down for too long but i really try ive lost alot of weight i am not under 200 lbs and working harder then ever

advertisement