Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Please Help, Can’t Walk. About to lose Everything.

Hi, I’m new here. I’ve had some back issues for most of my life, but nothing compared to what I’m experiencing. It’s the most pain I’ve felt in my life. I can’t stand up straight, I can’t walk. I called 911 yesterday and the hospital brushed me off and told me to take ibuprofen. I can’t live like this. I can’t move and not only go to college where attendance counts, I have a job, and two 5 month old puppies at home that need to be walked often and fed. I can’t do any of this. I’ve been trying to stretch but who knows if I’m doing it right, and patches aren’t doing anything. I’m drinking alcohol to help my anxiety calm down so I’m able to stretch, but I’ve already had to miss mandatory classes and called out of work multiple times. Can anyone help me? Please. I’ll try anything. 

advertisement

Comments

• I would try to get in to see a neurosurgeon. Hang in there. It could be you just haven’t seen the right doctor yet. I would push for an MRI, especially since you’ve had back issues going on for some time.

Good luck. Please keep us posted.

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,587

Hi annie423
    Welcome to Spine Health

All new members should take the System Tutorial

I'm sorry you have so much going on, But you alone cannot fix this because you don't know what it is yet. Like L4_L5 said above, you need diagnostic testing, a MRI so they can find the source of the pain and not just treat the symptoms.
    Alcohol is not going to anything but create more anxiety. What kind of patches are you on? And that's another thing, alcohol and meds do not mix. You are too young to be playing that game.
    For now, try ice packs, they work wonders for me. First thing Mon. morning get an appointment with your GP, neurosurgeon or neurologist.
    Take care and keep us posted on how you are doing.
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
  • I was where you are about 10 years ago.  The MD's had no suggestions.  I found a Chiropractor that used an Activator Method.  This is much more gentle than manual manipulation.  And he started me on some vitamins and nutrition supplements to reduce inflamation.  He got me to where I could stand and walk again, first using the aid of a walker.  

I had never 'believed' in Chiropractors before, until I was desperate.  I would suggest you continue to try to find a Medical Doctor to help you too.  But the Chiropractor sure helped me get bavk on my feet when no one else could.

I wish you luck.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,771

We really could use some more information.  Please read and respond to  New Members Guidelines and Checklist

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • HI Annie 

More information would be great.  Since you are going to college do you still live at home or by yourself?  Is there anyone to help you?  Do you have medical insurance through your job or do you use the college doctors, lol, if they still have college medical centers.  It's been so long for me.  Why did the hospital blow you off?  Because if you can't walk, they can't send you home until you can walk.  At least that's how it works here.  Or did you mean it's painful to walk?  Where exactly in your back is it painful?

So see a general practice doctor, get the beginning testing done, then get the referral to the neurologist.  I recommend you stop using the alcohol.  It really is not helpful.  Did you buy the pain patches over the counter or get a prescription from a doctor?

Let us know how you are.

• advertisement
  • Hi Annie ,  I new to this forum

How are you doing now ? 

I'm actually in the same situation presently.  I had excruciating pain in my right leg, shin & ankle & foot. Couldn't walk, bend, sit etc.  Crawling around house for a week or so. Was Torture !. Had hot / cold sensations, tingling, and trickling sensations which were not new to me. Had constant back ache and right side back muscle spasm leading up to this. Also had years of off & on mild low back aches & stuck feeling. Its improving now after a month . Now feels like maybe tight angry pirifomis muscle entrapping sciatic nerve.  Had few ex-rays of lumber & sacrum area but nothing significant found. Few days ago went to spine doc first time ever and in 10 minutes he ordered lumber MRI suspecting bulging disk. Getting MRI tomorrow morning. 

Ive heard ovarian cysts / mass, or endometriosis can cause severe leg pains too.  MY doc found complex ovarian cyst on US test once and my symptoms were low back ache / pressure and pelvic cramping -pinching  - pulling with odd groin & leg sensations etc.   

advertisement