Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Numbness / Pinch in back of thigh. Chiropractor or Physical Therapy?

Hi there, for the past 10 years, I would get this periodic pinch every few months in the back of my thigh. I always thought it was the chair digging into my leg. Now I've learned its some form of Sciatica. I've been seeing 2 Chiropractors for the last 2 months. One seemed to make it worse due to being too aggressive, the other seemed to make it better by being less aggressive and doing other moves like reseting the bone. So yes it has gotten worse but the first chiro didn't help and I was still doing things that weren't helping like stretching my hamstrings. So now I'm at a point where the new chiro does does help it for a few days but it never holds and will act up again. I am wondering if there is something else I should be doing at home like certain safe stretches or exercises. And does this defiantly sounds like a disc issue or could it be my Piriformis Muscle and if I Should see a physical therapist instead? Sitting for a few minutes  acts it up. Laying down is ok. Its never painful. Just numbness or a light pinch. Sometimes i moves from my back thigh to my hip. I can't take an MRI because I have Tinnitus and a MRI is too loud. It will worsen my Tinnitus to dangerous levels. So the doctors are kinda in the dark. Is there another non-radiation method for seeing the discs? I hope there is someone here that has similar symptoms and can share what helped them. I really don't want to do surgery. Walking helps the most. The more I walk, the better I feel.

advertisement

Comments