Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Total Disc Replacement with hairline fracture

Hello.  I am new to this site.  I am hoping to receive support as I go through a very difficult time in my life.  I was in a high speed rear end collision almost 4 years ago.  Long story short and 4 surgeries later. Decompression and double laminectomy. Labral repair hip then total hip replacement. 4th I just went through a total disc replacement 2 weeks ago.  I have 4 ruptured.discs and bone spurs around the laminectomy. This is thenfirst of 2 recimmended surgeries to deal with the issues. Like i said i had the disc replacement L4-L5 2 weeks ago. I.woke to at least an 8 inches invicision above and aroind my belly button through my abdomin.  The first week was very difficult.  Pain ranging in the 5-6 and I could get it down to 3 and then sleep.  Day 8 I was feeling alot better. Moving around more. Decreasing the pain meds.  My low.back felt so much better.  The incision pain was the worst. That afternoon I was trying to get comfortable and put pillows all around me and laid-back on a soft pillow. I was trying to move it and I slightly arched my back and pulled from behind and I felt an excrusiatexcpain zip through my low spine. From that momemt I have been in gwrrterr pain. Sometimes a 7 with tears.  I was seen by the surgeon the next day and he took x-rays.  He believes I have some small hairline fractures in my spine around the new disc.  He said to where my brace as tight as I can handle and rest more.  He upped my pain meds and gave me a nerve pain med.  It has been a week and I'm still not better.  I'm assuming this is going to take time to heal. Has anyone else had an issue like this. I really need some positive advice and words to help me cope.  Thank you in advance.

advertisement

Comments

• I went out to breakfast one day, got into the car to leave, and screamed for 15 minutes due to pain between my shoulder blades.  I have three fractured vertebra in my upper back.  I must have moved wrong and pinched something.  I have seen other people on the forum posting about their fractures.  You can use google search to find those discussions.

Hope you feel better soon.