Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pain soreads down both legs

hello. New to this forum and hope someone can give me some in site. I am a 28 year old female. I’m decently healthy other then being pretty over weight. 5’2 and 230lbs. I have been experiencing some lower back pain for a couple weeks that is gradually getting worse. It spreads onto both my thighs and butt. I also have some very dul pelvic pain but not constant like the back pain. I have had 4 c sections and all were with spinal taps. My father had back surgery for herniated dick but no other family history. The pain remind me of siactica from when I was pregnant but more intense and in both sides not just one. It’s hurts to stand, move, sit, bend, twist. I can’t find a comfortable position to sleep in and have tried many places. I have not go to the doctor I am uninsured so my only option is the ER and I don’t feel like this is a life threatening emergency though the pain is about a 6 out of 10. Any thoughts suggestions or stories that you can share would be great thanks. 

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to the forum.

First thing I would do is go to the healthcare dot gov web site and sign up for health insurance.

You’d be surprised. Because you have kids and if you don’t earn a lot of income you likely would be eligible for a significant subsidy.

These days it’s very easy to get affordable coverage, especially when the applicant is earning low to zero income.

Then I would see a neurosurgeon and see what he or she recommends.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

• I agree with L4_L5.

However, if you don't want to sign up for whatever reason, there should also be free clinics available where you can start to get care.  Let us know how you are.

• advertisement