Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Medicare supplemental coverage plan

I am thinking about going with a F plan. Are all F plans no matter what company you choose are they the same .  I would appreciate any input. You can personal iMessage me. I do have a lot of  test done and doctors office calls. Take care God bless 

advertisement

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MikethepikeMMikethepike MIchiganPosts: 657

Hi Anita, yes I picked blue cross it’s $137 per month, then because I take quite a few prescriptions I picked A better prescription drug plan which costs $74 per month. As for how I am doing it’s getting harder to breathe My diaphragm and intercostal muscles are getting weaker.  Thanks for asking, you and your two sons are in my prayers most nights. Hope you’re doing OK and I hope the boys are doing OK. Take care and God bless 

• advertisement

Well my oxygen levels are at 96% and when I  breathe deeper there at 100% but it’s still hard to breathe And is is very bothersome 

• advertisement

Well I am off of my employer health care effective January 1, I am on Medicare and supplemental  Blue cross F plan. Also Blue Cross prescription drug plan which is the preferred plan. My employer plan was one of the best. Covered everything, $25 office calls  , Six dollars prescription cost. So we’ll see what the difference will be as we go forward. Are most people happy with their Medicare plans and prescription drug plans?   So now Medicare cost me $134 per month supplemental cost me 137 per month prescription drugs cost me $79 per month and dental cost me $37 per month  .    Plus the other out of pocket expenses.   It’s almost like paying a mortgage payment on a small house. 

• Mike, I think you'll find you really like the plans you are on. I have the same except my part D is Humana. I haven't paid a dime out of pocket for numerous surgeries, years of PT, countless office calls and my prescriptions are $4-$12 each. I don't have dental coverage and that hurts but so far no major issues there. I had free dental for 31 years because I worked in a dental office so I figure it all levels out. 

• I have AARP for my prescriptions and for the last three years it has paid fine.  Unfortunately the state i am in does not allow a person to buy a supplemental insurance policy to Medicare til you reach age 62.  I am still a few years away from that and it sucks!  I do feel fortunate to have insurance that covers the majority of what I need and covers 100% of my yearly testing such as mamogram, bone density, bloodwork,etc. 

my Medicare part B costs me $129 and AARP prescription plan went down this year to $69!  AARP plan has a great formulary compared to some of the others.  I checked them extensively before making a choice.  They do cover  drugs others do not and their quantity limits on narcotics is very liberal.  

Anyone else live in a state that doesn't allow Medicare supplements til age 62?

Cindy

• Cindy, just curious, are you on SSD because I couldn't get Medicare until age 65 and didn't know there were states that wouldn't let you buy supplemental until age 62! I only pay $25 for my Humana part D and it covers everything I need thus far anyway. 

• joanne2, Yes I am on SSDI.  I should have mentioned that.

Cindy

advertisement