Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

10 years soon

It'll be 10 years in April I've lived with this.

My life, it's different, but I'm still here. Work, social outings and other things gone. For all the trouble this has caused I'm kinda lucky. Still have a roof, food, and clothes 

I'm no longer going down the spiral, but hanging on. Things I never thought of years before are now the best things I have. I can control the pain to a 6-7 now and stay away from the ER. So all in all not bad, it could be worse as I've seen. It's not easy to accept, but it is what it is. No longer mad or frustrated or even try to explain what's going on. It seems easier now to face the next day and beyond. I know now what's causing this pain is unknown  (leg,butt neuropathy /sciatica ) and no treatment helps, but it's not getting worse (watch I'll be in the ER in an hour <span>:smiley:" alt=":smiley:" height="20" /></span>)

It stinks that's for sure, but I'm here.

Thanks 

advertisement

Comments

• It's been over ten years for me.  Stupid back, stupid medical problems.  Sigh.

Lol.  I still have ER visits, but not much for my back anymore.  Work is long gone and I miss it.  Friends are gone, but perhaps they were not really friends but "ships passing" by.

TV, books, my computer game, and an occasional trapped salesperson make life livable.  Social outings are few and far between-unless doctor's offices count, then I have a lot of social outings.

I remain frustrated.  It is what it is.  Take care couchpotato.

• MikethepikeMMikethepike MIchiganPosts: 560

It’s been five years for me, been gradual downhill, hey still try but it’s hard. The anxiety and pain are very hard to cope with. But all I can do is take one day at a time

• advertisement