Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Neck pain, tmj & other symptoms

Hi all, so for over a year now I have had shoulder, neck, head and face pain. After multiple trips to see my GP, it was not until a few months ago when I was at the dentist that I was diagnosed with TMJ and told that this was the cause of my face pain. I know wear a mouth guard at night and although helping the pain a bit, it is still very painful at night. I do not know if tmj is connected to all my other symptoms as I wasn't really given much info from my dentist?? 

My symptoms are :

- face pain

- headaches behind my eyes and at the back of my head

- hand numbness

- weakness in my right arm with tendencies to drop things I am holding quite randomly

- clogged ears & ear pain

- severe cramping of the neck on one side when doing anything from yawning to stretching to open a window

- fatigue

- muscle spasms in neck and shoulder  

- shooting pains in neck

- sensitivity to light

- ringing in my ear

- light headedness

The face pain and clogged ears where the first symptoms I experienced over a year ago and have continued everyday since and are gradually getting worse. I have chronic back pain and other conditions but this is pain unlike anything I have experienced before. I can't seem to get any relief from it no matter what I do. I am on multiple medications for my back pain etc so I'm aware some of these symptoms could stem from that but they where not apparent before my face, jaw and ear pain began so that's why I think they could be linked. I would appreciate any help or advice anyone is willing to share with me. Thank you in advance. 

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,355

If it were me, I would make an appointment with a neurosurgeon or neurologist for further diagnostic testing. You are not going to find an answer but from a medical professional.
    There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
    This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test 

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History