Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Has anyone had this not looking for medical advice but someone whos experienced this also

Hey guys for years ive been in extreme pain . my insurance sucks so i havent been able to hsve many mris and havent had money to fork out a few yrs ago when i had one i was diagnosed with tarlov cyst. Pain has gotten worse been seeing my primary they have me on pain meds but they dont care about me you can tell i never see my dr for more than 4 min they dont read my charts but i had then feel my back about a month ago and could feel things movinf around long story short i had an mri request put in and got my results back my dr office was too lazy so i went ans got the report myself. L1-2 small disk bulge L2-3 small disk bulge L4-5 small central disk bulge. S1-2 tarlov cyst 1.3 cm in size and ap thecal sac diameter is 12 mm. 

Also idk if anyone has ever heard of this but it states rather numerous seperate nerve roots are seen beginning at the highest level image of t-12 unusual appearance of thoracolumbar. 

Recommended dedicated thoracic spine mri to evaulate dor additional congenital cord anomoly

advertisement

Comments

• I am in so much pain i cant handle it anymore. I am 29 with 3 small children. I cry every day. 

• Hi,

When my doctor retired I needed to find a new doctor.  My doctor's partner moved downtown and I didn't want to drive that far so I chose someone in my area.  Read the reviews, read what medical problems she preferred to treat, and went to her.  It was a really bad fit.  Her ideal of what a doctor should be and mine were really different.  Lol.  She was a hands off doctor, I am a hands on patient.

Next I tried the senior clinic.  Liked the doctor, who was a PA.  We got along.  But the doctors who were supposed to back her up, didn't.  So, I now go downtown and see my doctor's partner.  My point, if you don't like your doctor, change doctors.

I am not a medical professional.

If I were you I would see a neurosurgeon but most of them require a referral.  I would see Dr Doesnotcare one more time to get the needed referral and/or MRI. (I actually did this.).  Once I saw the neurosurgeon, I would begin the search for a new primary care doctor. Read the reviews, see what interest him/her more, and before making the appointment talk to the receptionist.  If the receptionist is a bummer, the doctor might be one too.  (Lesson learned with first doctor.)

Also, check out pain management doctors in your area because what Dr. Doesnotcare is doing for your pain. isn't helping.  Keep us posted on how you are.

• advertisement
  • Thank you i will! I return to the doesntcaredr on the 19th and i will ask to be referred. This may be a stupid question but whats the difference between a pain management dr and a neurosurgeon? Ive been on the meds i am on for over a year now maybe year and a half maybe longer. Will they take me off the meds i am on now or do you know? I am only asking becayse ive heard of this happening to several people and they experienced withdrawal and that and the amount of pain im in and also still having to work would not be a good combo. I have backed of and gotten hours lowered because of the pain im in daily but the bills dont care. So ive got to find something that helps and all my dr does is sifn scripts and send me away abd i cant handle it anymore i was so happy to get that new mri and then last appt they wouldn't even talk abojt it with me because they just rush us in and push us out the door. 

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,587

If I were you, I'd take my MRI and find another doctor. Do a search in your area for a neurosurgeon and start calling. Your insurance may not be good but at least you've got it. The link below may help you get started.
    Find a Spinal Doctor 
    What you need to know about key Conditions, Treatments, Surgeries and Videos
    Read the link above, the more you know about your condition the better.
    Take care and please keep us posted.

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • I got my MRI, which was misread by the radiologist, and insisted it be reread by a different radiologist.  Anything can go wrong.  Then I switched doctors, and switched doctors again.  But, because you said your insurance was not great you need to stay within your insurance rules.  Even my insurance, which is great, requires referrals.  You will probably want/need a referral to a pain management doctor.  Most people get this referral from their neurosurgeon.

I would not mention to anyone in Doesnotcare's office that you plan on leaving until you have a new doc in place.  Now with my insurance plan every doctors office can see all my appointments with other doctors.  If your doctor or someone in the office asked about it, doesn't seem they will, I would say I am getting a second opinion.  If I like the new doctor, I switch.  If I don't, I get a third opinion etc.  but always make sure I am within the insurance rules.

As to your other questions.  I don't know.  Most people do not quit drugs cold turkey but taper down.  I don't know what drugs you are on and even if I did I am not a medical professional.  If you read the discussions, you will get a sense of what may or may not happen.  In my opinion, what good does it do to take drugs that develop dependency but don't help?

As Sandra said, you need good competent doctors.  Sometimes it takes a while to find them, get the appropriate testing, and get to feeling better.  With three children, a job, and all that goes with it, you owe it to yourself to get better.  Hang in there!

• advertisement
  • Thank yall do much i will keep yall updated i am following that link and searching for doctors!

advertisement