Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

January 2019 Surgery Buddies

Comments

• Yes, we all heal differently and at different rates.  I have to say that I feel my recovery has been going well even with the infections going on at the beginning.  I have been continuing with in home PT and started yesterday doing in home PT with the physical therapist who I will be seeing for my PT when I am cleared...I was using a different in home PT person set up by the hospital but then stopped with them when my favorite PT who I have worked with in the past offered to start early with me. I am still only doing basic stuff. Working at using my kegs more when walking. I am 6 weeks post op and still needing the walker. My stability is off since having surgery. Im still experiencing a lot of pain. I see my neurosurgeon tomorrow for post op and to look at x-rays. I am also experiencing a lot of tingling in back, legs and feet. I know 6 werks is still fresh out of surgery and i still have a ways to go in recovery. Im walking everyday tracking with my apple watch. Each day has its ups and downs. Finding myself feeling down, frustrated, hard on myself at times. This has been tough surgery recovery. Its no joke when i hear “you had major surgery, its going to take time

• smartens162smartens162 Manitoba, CanadaPosts: 449

I am still progressing well, at 7 weeks recovery.  I had my first post-op appointment since my hospital stay yesterday; got x-rays and spent a few minutes with the surgeon.  He is pleased with my progress so far.  He cautions me to still be careful, but I've been given the ok to get back to the local pool for aquacise classes.  I am almost weaned off of the RXs, taking it slow to avoid nasty withdrawal symptoms as much as possible.  I've had to deal with cold/flu issues these past weeks, but nothing too severe (I fought puking by any means possible!).  I'm taking the blizzard that the Good Lord sent our way overnight as another reminder:  Spring will arrive sooner or later, patience is key!  And the same with recovery, with patience, we'll get there eventually!

• advertisement