Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Microdiscectomy didn't solve the problem

mart1mmart1 Posts: 46
edited 12/02/2018 - 11:40 AM in Lower Back Pain

Hi there,

I had a microdiscectomy 4,5 months ago this year. L3L4. It didn't help anything. The pain I had in my buttocks, scrotal parts an lower back are still there. I became injured by lifting a big weight on a strange angle above my head.Something popped in my left hip (I thought) From that time on after the surgery I mentioned here,   I couldn't walk very long anymore and overtime I developed more and more pain. Partly by the failed surgery and trying to recover from  that and of course also of the still existing pain that now seems to be back in all his forms. I now developed also abdominal constipation which I never had in my whole life (63 years of age now). For the treatment of the failed back surgery I do some mild Pilates but that is increasing my pain. I now think that is can be something from the SI joint on the left. But I am not sure. in the Netherlands there is not a special clinic as this might an underdiagnosed condition. Can someone tell me what to do about  these symptoms and ask for what kind of treatment in the hospital I have to ask for? CT scan or MRI or injections to find out whether this is the biggest issue with my back? I also have problems with sitting for more than half an hour.

I am desperate. 

greetings,

Mart1

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,587

Mart1
    I am so sorry your last surgery did not give you any relief. Below are a few articles for you to read that may help you identify what i going on.
    Sciatica Symptoms 
    Sciatica Causes and Treatment 
    Exercises and Physical Therapy for Sciatica 

For mine, I do mild stretches and ice packs. Some people do both heat and ice. If it is inflamed, injections would help.
    Let me know if you need more reading material. The more you learn about your condition the better you can talk to your doctors.
    Take care and please keep us posted.

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • L4_L5LL4_L5 Posts: 1,037
    edited 12/02/2018 - 12:45 PM

Since you felt a pop in your left hip did they do an MRI of BOTH your lumbar spine AND your left hip?

A few doctors have told me that back and hip problems can have similar, overlapping symptoms.

This is because, they say, a herniated disc, for example, can cause pain in your hip.

So you could think you hurt your back when really you hurt your hip (and vice versa). 

If I were you I’d be asking my doctor if he or she thinks it’s wise to order an MRI for your hip.

• advertisement