Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Microdiscectomy Day 6. Starting to worry

Had an L4 L5 microdiscectomy 6 days ago. 

A little back story, AFTER I got my MRI pre-op, something "popped" at the gym and the bad sciatica started. 

I keep hearing with micros, you wake up, the sciatica is fine. Not for me. I texted doc and he said I had a pretty large herniation and post surgery it usually fills up with blood and seroma, which goes away when the body reabsorbs the fluid.

The Oxy was drying me out so I have been getting by with 4000 mg acitominophen daily; cutting back last night it's clear the sciatica is still there. He said it takes time and should wait it out; at 2 weeks I should be worried. Well I am impatient. 

Any advice for a guy getting bored laying around and staring at a screen all day?

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,771
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • I think everyone worries at around day 6.

Do your bed exercises. Try to walk and avoid sitting. Be patient even if it goes against who you are and how you be

• advertisement
  • I’m one week out from the same surgery. I am bored. Tired of watching Netflix and books. I do get up every 60-90 minutes and walk around the house for about 10 min. Went outside yesterday and today for a few minutes altho there is snow and ice so I won’t walk outside. 

I’m back to work on Monday and will play it by ear. The surgeon said I should be fine. I may get fatigued tho: time will tell.

• I hear you! Fortunately I am mending well but damn I am bored. I don't live at snow elevation, at least I get to enjoy some California sun. I can't wait to drive again.

•   Riseandgrind74- How’s your boredom? I head back to work in a few hours. Think I will get fatigued seeing clients but at least I get out of the house!

Just a thought; my brother brought me some paint stuff and I actually did a Bob  Ross. I don’t paint and am not artistic but it was fun and occupied some of my time.

• advertisement
  • It's OK. I've had some side projects from work that I've never had time for lately so I've been working on that. You?

advertisement