Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

4 days post op 3 level fusion ACDF

3 level ACDF on Thursday.  Woke up pain free.  Today is another story. Pain between shoulder blades, neck horribly sore, same clunking sounds. Entire cervical region aches and sore to touch.  Unable to swallow food without liquid. Needless to say depression is creeping in..AND pain meds cause insane itching so just stopped taking them ( benadryl didn't help). Please someone tell me this will go away.

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,528

You are so fresh out of surgery.  A babe in the woods.  Please read  Recovery, the most important phase - Patience

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • Janet what you are experiencing is not unusual, first thing you need to do is talk to the doctor about the pain meds. & let them give you something that does not cause a reaction, you need to be taking something to make you rest & be comfortable it took me about 2 weeks before my throat eased off, but everybody is different. do not be afraid to call your doctor if you have concerns. Recovery will take time but you always have to keep your head straight & not concentrate on the pain, trust me I know that can be very hard. Be sure and call about something different for pain and know that every day it will get better. Keep good thoughts and I hope you feel better soon. 

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• advertisement