Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Shoulder Pain with pins and needles in the hand.

Hi,

I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease last year and also cervical disc disease. I have being having a lot of flare ups and as you can imagine its being extremely painful.

However for the last 6 weeks I have being experiencing really bad right shoulder pain with pain that radiates down the arm, and also pins and needles in my fingers, and muscle weakness at times. I am currently taking diazepam to help relax the muscles and strong pain killers. I am currently waiting for my appointment with the neurophysiologist which is this coming Friday morning.

I am wondering if this is happening because of a disc herniation? I am very worried at the moment is anyone else experiencing this and if so what happened with yours?

Hopefully I will have more answers on Friday after my appointment.

I just wanted to see if others was in the same situation as me and could give me some advice.

Thanks all hope to hear back.

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,518

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
    This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test 

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Many times when you have numbness, loss of strength in one arm and hand, it  is because of a nerve being impinged by a disc.  Hopefully your appointment on Friday will tell you more.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • I have the same problem.  I had an injection 4 weeks ago, 1 of 3 to help with the I flammation.  I had both an EMG, and a MRI C6 showed bludging.  I was having shoulder pain that ran down my right arm and was causing so much pain in my hands, I thought it was arthritis (saw a rheumatologist) that ran all the test!  It was all caused by the disk!  After the injection, within 3 days the had pain is better, but the neck and shoulder is still terrible (headache also).  2nd injection scheduled for Monday.  Hoping that building on the injections calm down the inflammation.

What did you find out?

• advertisement
  • nutcase007nnutcase007 United StatesPosts: 919
    Lisa779 - I've experienced pain that radiated down the back of my shoulder, numbness in my fingers, and muscle weakness in my upper and lower arm.  I had multiple issues in my neck because of severe whiplash.   

Hopefully, your neurophysiologist will run additional diagnostics in attempt to determine if your known conditions are getting worse or if you have additional conditions going on in your neck.

Did you take trauma to your neck?

Please keep us updated.