Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Ssdi

What have folks found helpful to find a good ssdi attorney? I am not sure what to do beyond googling. Just interested in your personal experience. 

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,771

Unfortunately no one is permitted to provide suggestions or actual names ....It is a forum violation

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • You could call the bar association where you live and ask them what they recommend.

This way you’re not getting the 1-800 lawyers you see on TV.

• advertisement
  • You could ask your doctor or nurse.  I did that and got a really good one.

Cindy

• You can apply online. 

• According to what I have been told a lawyer is not really needed until you have been turned down twice, it is just paperwork until then, the paperwork is very extensive, lots of dates & names so they can get all of your records. good luck on whatever you decide it can be a very long road, I think they try to make sure you are completely broke before you get it if then

• advertisement
  • Many aspects of SS Disability other then the money. Depend on many factors such as type of injury and permanent restrictions. Your age, If your young enough to be retrained in another field for gainfull employment. I applied online with all the necessary paperwork, letters from 2 MDs, a letter from my employer. I was approved 1st time around. No, I will not receive any money until age 62 due to my forced medical retirement pension but my Medicare becomes active Feb1st of this coming year. I did not use a attorney for any of the SSI, but if needed there are plenty of attorneys available

advertisement