Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Tlif l4/5 l5 s1 fusion 2 weeks post op

hi im 2 weeks post op tlif fusion l4/5 l5 s1..6 screws,2 cages 2x replacment discs bone graft few rods/plates,doing ok still got alot nerve pain,but walking about ok to a point ,! anyone else going through same as me or can share there operation if its same as mine positive outcomes welcome  

advertisement

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Had l3-l5 fused, recovery can be a long road with ups & downs, I found it helpful to set a walking schedule & stay with it as much as possible, be sure & use lots of ice. Do not be surprised or panicked if you have setbacks, pain may get worse & then better, nerves heal very slowly. Personally I think trying to keep a positive attitude & outlook are just as important as the physical stuff, I realize that this can be very hard when your daily routine has been turned upside down. Hope this helps a little & your recovery goes well 

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• advertisement
  • I am 3 months post-op 5 level lumbar fusion. Recovery has been a roller coaster, but all in all I’m getting better. Expect ups and downs, you had a major surgery. As you feel better, you do more then feel worse because you did too much. Get plenty of rest, eat right, and expect a long recovery process. Keep your mind active,  read, do puzzles, watch movies. With winters snow and ice there is little I can do outside, so I use the tread mill and help keep the house clean. I feel it’s important to stay busy while going through recovery. Go to the recovery from surgery forum to see what others are experiencing.

• strongbullstrongbull Posts: 3
    edited 12/11/2018 - 1:35 PM

Hi everyone thanks for your support means a lot,today i been to physio therapist first time and she is telling me its ok to bend etc and looked at me silly when i said ive been told not to bend and twist from the trunk !?everywhere i read tells you not to till bone graft starts forming healing etc,they gave me some excersises stretches to do which is good,but she also said”yeah its ok to bend alittle ans twist,now im unsure now i know there trained but im on the fence dont fancy having this op again ever !

advertisement