Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Cervical epideural injections safe?

Hello all, I am having an epideural injection in my cervical spine coming up very soon and wondered how safe these procedures are. I generally thought they were fairly safe, but have read some stuff recently online that is kind of scaring me. Someone put my mind at ease  

advertisement

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,434

When administered correctly, epidural injections to Lumbar, Thoracic and Cervical areas are safe.  I have had ESIs multiple times in each of those locations.  The key is that these injections should be done in a operating like room environment, vitals taken and most importantly, the use of some fluoroscope or other x-ray guided device

Read this for more information   All about Spinal Injections

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • advertisement
  • Pain tolorances are different among people.

I would get regular shots and they were initially uncomfortable  but would ease down to some relief  soon.

I had access to my nurse  by phone 24 hrs after and that eased my anxiety a whole lot afterward

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health