Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Neck screws lucency

Hey, been a while since I've been on here but at crossroads on Dr.s. 

I have 3 screws that are loose. I've had a C-7 thru C-3 fusion with cages and plates. The 2 bottom screws are loose and very top right is loose. 

Dr.s don't want to touch it. They say if they fix them they have to remove everything and put new in with a good chance of the screws taking bone form.

Don't know what to do. Any info on similar issues.

advertisement

Comments

• MikethepikeMMikethepike MIchiganPosts: 677

Hey Tom, I hope the best for you, you definitely have some great suggestions,  I have a lot more bad days than good days,  it is very hard to cope  with all my problems. I tried to be confident that things would get better .  Just wondering how  you came across the loose screws. Thanks for the positive direction. Take care and God bless 

• Well, the Top right one never took. Then over a year and a half, the bottom 2 are loose now.

Don't know why I've been checked for osteoporosis and everything else with Bone growth clinic. Lost cause everywhere I go.

Went to the University of Michigan spine program and they just say I'm screwed forgive the pun. Lol. But, seriously, in order to fix them, I have to have every screw taken out and all redone. That's a total of 16 screws, plates. Don't know if they would change cages. But you get my point. The conundrum is that they can't guarantee that the screws take this time.

Soo........ Everyone just says deal with it. It's hard to deal with esp when you only take ibuprofen for pain management. 

My story short I fell 17' feet off a roof and landed on my head and shattered my neck. Separated my shoulders,  dislocated my elbow and put a nail all the way thru my wrist.

I've had 6 surgeries since then and having another in 2 weeks.

It sucks, I can tell you that but. My kids get me thru it.

• advertisement