Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Side effect of cervical RFA

I have been treated for discogenic disc disease for many years.  It progressed from my lumbar to my cervical spine.  I have received many epidurals and an RFA procedure for my lumbar spine in the past.  They have been helpful.  I recently had an MRI of my cervical spine and epidurals were suggested.  After two epidurals, several weeks apart, an RFA procedure was performed on my neck. During the procedure I felt heavy breathing and nauseusness.  The procedure was stopped before being complete and immediately afterward I had difficulty talking, coughing, and swallowing.  An examination by an ENT specialist indicted damage to the nerve controlling one of my vocal cords leaving the vocal cord paralyzed.

Is this a predictable side effect?  If not, what can cause it?



  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I can't stand this neck & upper shoulder nagging .. No matter what it presents .. Told I'm at MMI.. How can this be fully recovered ? Any comments. Advice .. Ready to hang upside down .. Not joking .. Not a big med taking person. I could ask to go to a  pain clinic... Ask for neurologist to see MRI. I haven't a clue . help !!!


  • advertisement
Sign In or Register to comment.