Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Phantom Stimulation

I’ve had a stimulator since May 2018 I was told by my rep. to leave it on all the time. Following his direction until I felt like it was making my pain worse kinda like over stimulation, so I turned the stimulator off for several hours and I could feel stimulation in both hands and finger tips, Until I found this forum I thought my damn stimulator was broke and wasn’t turning off. I talked to my rep. and he has no answers. I went to a doctor the rep. recommended he was in total shock! Has anyone found any resolution? This is extremely difficult, please help.  

advertisement

Comments

• @Airplaneguy are you sure what you're feeling in your hands and finger tips is really stimulation? Your device rep should be able to confirm that your SCS unit is really off. I once thought I was getting some crossover stimulation (left side stimulation in my ribs from right side program) but it turned out to be some type of muscle spasm or twitch that went away on its own. Is it possible you have some type of pins and needles numbness in your hands and finger tips that feels like stimulation? 

• I hope you have found resolution by now but I'm surprised your rep didn't tell you it takes at least 48 hours for the stimulation to leave your body. Everyone is different but if you are hypersensitive, like i was, it's easy to get over stimulated. Do you have a HF SCS? They are developing more programs all the time, one called duty cycling, which works well for those who are hypersensitive. Ask your rep or call tech support. 

• advertisement