Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Difficult times

well hi everyone it’s been awhile since I have been on here been going through more than I care to talk about but anyway I am no longer in Georgia I am in Michigan now and working on finding my new orthopedic surgeon this is a long process and just sucks I really liked my surgeon and his PA so much but we had no choice but to move. I’m waiting now for my family physician ordered a CT which is what my surgeon in ga wanted cause he thought with my acdf didn’t fuse or a have dislocated disc but that the ct would give us a clear view of the issue, but before I could get it we had to move so now just hoping this gets approved quick. I have been having a very difficult time lately the strongest meds my ga dr gave me was Tylenol #3 and for awhile they worked but for the past 5-6 weeks they have done absolutely nothing and then I finally got with a doctor and he put me on Gabapentin 300 mg I took 1 pill a day for 2 days then today I start 2 and Monday I start taking 3 and omg these things make me so dizzy just like your drunk feeling , and I haven’t drank in years, and does help the pain some I guess it takes time but just can’t wait for this dizziness to fade. Has anyone been on the and could give me some insight on how long you were dizzy?

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,589

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time right now. Gabapentin works different on everyone. It's a love hate thing. When I first started taking it I was dizzy and could not focus my eyes as they were very blurry, another side effect. But over time all of the side effects have vanished. With this medicine, as with any, you should take it at the same time every day. That way your body gets adjusted easier.

I hope you find relief soon and good luck with your new doctor.
    Take care and keep us posted.

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • L4_L5LL4_L5 Posts: 1,037
    edited 12/22/2018 - 12:09 PM

Welcome back.

Whatever happened with worker’s comp? Did you get that all sorted out?

• advertisement
  • I was very dizzy when I first started taking gabapentin. Now that I've slowly increased the dosage, and take it regularly around the clock, it's much better. I was taking 600mg 3 times a day, but I was really sleepy. My PM doctor suggested 300mg 6 times a day around the clock, along with my Percocet and 1 Tylenol. I've noticed not only better pain rekire, but fewer side effects.

Don't just start doing this on your own, as your doctor has his reason for your dosage. Always talk with your doctor before making changes.

Good luck with getting your CT scan and meds worked out.

• The workers comp is still going but it’s in the  negotiation stage . Thanks for the input maelinde it is getting easier just some dizziness now but not to bad. My dr was gonna decrease for a bit but now that it’s starting to get easier he wants me to continue. Yes I sure hope to get the CT  scan done soon cause I want to know if my ACDF surgery in 4/2017 didn’t fuse or if there is for sure more damaged disc from the bracket from the acdf! It’s so hard being a patient  it’s such a long process. Hope everyone is doing good out there and sending prayers to those in need. I’m just sitting here waiting for pills to kick in ugh it’s hard. I use to have alone time and could hide my pain when my husband was around but no that he is retired  I get no alone time and it’s getting hard for me to hide the pain all the time.

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,589

Trying to hide the pain is hard on anyone, both physically and mentally. I tried doing that and it doesn't work, my husband sees it in my eyes. 

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
  • Yes your right my husband seen it the other day no matter how I tried to hide it. I got the call yesterday for my CT scan and I go Monday for it so glad it’s soon maybe I will know for sure what my current issue are just praying my previous acdf did actually fuse

• I’m surprised you had to wait nearly two years to see if you’re fusing.

You said your fusion surgery was in April 2017. That’s only a few months shy of two years as in a few days it will officially be 2019. 

I’m surprised you didn’t raise heck about that. 

Around here you get a six month follow up with a CT to see if you’re fusing and how far along you are.

• I had a mri in March a so many xrays I couldn’t count but during my last X-ray in August my surgeon said he was concerned that it didn’t fuse so wanted a CT but I lost my insurance so I couldn’t do that so had to wait until we moved and got insurance and dr now I’m finally getting the ct done.. with the xrays it looked during the year like it was fusing but guess some might not have I guess but will see, 

• What does this mean ?

1. Prior C5-C7 ACDF. No solid osseous union across the C5-C6 and C6-C7 intervertebral spaces. 

• L4_L5LL4_L5 Posts: 1,037
    edited 01/04/2019 - 5:19 PM

You have to google that yourself as no one here is a doctor.

Are you a smoker?

I’ve heard that around 17% of patients don’t fuse. 

But talk to your doctor for more information.

advertisement