Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Lumbar Caudal Epidural Steroid Injection

daddyof7daddyof7 Posts: 5
edited 01/04/2019 - 1:00 PM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery

I had Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion S5-L1 in March 2018. Had infection under the suture site for over two months. Surgery was to fix lower back because the disc was nearly gone, I had sciatica in my left leg, pain in left leg and severe pain in my lower back. Immediately after surgery I had a feeling like something was between my toes on my left foot. Since surgery, I now have permenant sciatica in the left leg, leg cramps and pain, my foot feels like it's in lava, being sliced, stabbed, crushed....and guess what? I have worse back pain.

I've had 3 lumbar epidural steroid injections since, am on tons of meds. MRI shows no problems with hardware, now they want to do (second opinion doctor) a lumbar Caudal Epidural Steroid Injection. My question is, has anyone had this and what were the results?

Thanks everyone and Happy New Year!

advertisement

Comments

• I have had a causal epidural injection injections twice for lower lumbar/ leg pain. While they are not exactly pleasant each one gave me about 70% relief for about 3 months. From what I understand, injections are given to get us out of pain while we do PT to strengthen the muscles that brace our spine. I could never get to the point where the pain didn't return.This was before I had L5/S1 fusion in 2017. I have the same issues, everything is stable with the fusion but still have so much pain in lower lumbar and right leg/ foot. Where were your other injections? 

• I meant caudal! Silly auto correct :)

• advertisement
  • My previous injections were directly into the spot where the hardware is, got absolutely no relief at all.