Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Facing loss of ability at 35 without established life



  • By the way here is the result of my elbow MRI (and I have this in both elbows:)

    1. Undersurface partial-thickness tear and tendinosis of the common extensor tendon. No associated bone marrow edema within the lateral epicondyle. Correlate clinically for evidence of lateral epicondylitis.
    2. Mild insertional tendinosis biceps tendon.

    Question: Has anyone else on here exhibited tendinosis/tendon tears, and are you aware of whether this is caused by your radiculopathy (and thus can also maybe be treated by addressing the radiculopathy?) I'm in the dark as to which I should treat "first."

  • Only your doctor can answer such specific questions.

  • advertisement
  • Which questions? I'm mainly wondering if anyone on here has has tendon-injuries related to radiculopathy. My doctor(s) (there's like 3-4 of them involved now) all have pretty much 0 insight beyond their specializations. Surgeon knows surgery. PCP knows how to prescribe basic meds and give referrals. PT knows stretches.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,498

    L4_L5 was referring to your question

    cybrmarc21 said:
    tendinosis/tendon tears, and are you aware of whether this is caused by your radiculopathy (and thus can also maybe be treated by addressing the radiculopathy?
    , which only your doctor can answer.

    You would have to wait to see if any other member has experienced what you have.   Generally speaking, the Primary Care Physicians are the most versatile type of doctor since they see all different problems.  Reading your case, I would think an Orthopedic doctor could address your problems.

    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • Wow, the doc just blew off the EMG? I have worked in pain/neuro/ortho for nearly 20 years and I doubt I’ve met more than a couple MDs who would’ve said something like that. If I’ve learned anything in my career in health care, it’s that doctors vary WILDLY in their competence and demeanor. I know you don’t have unlimited funds or options, but I would seek out other providers who might help you. And while our cases are each unique, I have had carpal-tunnel like symptoms that were actually due to a spinal compression. And that is where the EMG is critical.  

    I wish you the best of health and happiness going forward. Don’t give up and stay positive.  I am convinced of the power of positive thinking as it relates to pain and mood.  You can control more than you probably realize, but you must get an appropriate medial diagnosis and treatment. Godspeed Marc.

  • advertisement
Sign In or Register to comment.