Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Switching medications - painAdvice needed please

hi....I would appreciate some advice from other people who have been through similar situations as this. 

I have been in pain management for around six years. On oxymorphone er 30mg with Oxycodone 10mg 3xdaily for BT pain the first 18 months and ever since have been on oxycontin 60mg with the 10mg 3xdaily for BT pain. Insurance is forcing a change on the oxycontin. Meeting w my PM Dr tomorrow and I am very anxious bc as you know we can all sometimes be plowed over by doctors and unable and often afraid to speak up. I strongly am opposed to trying the xtampza. I have read way too many bad reviews to go into that w a good attitude and don’t want to pay for a medication that is not effective. The oxymorphone works almost just like the oxycontin. I know this from personal experience for taking it for 18 months. It works well for me. So that is what I prefer to switch over to and I feel like my having taken this w success in the past justifies my wanting to switch to it. And it’s covered by insurance. What’s the best way to approach this wout disrespecting my dr. I don’t want to sound like I know more than he does but I do know my body and I know my mind and therefore know in some sense what will and won’t work. For some reason  I can totally see xtampza being thrown on the table. And I feel it’s my right as a compliant patient to say ‘well, I would rather not go w that one.’ I don’t feel that should be the only option. And I fear if it was that it could be a deal breaker for me. I can’t imagine life without my treatment but I’m also not a person to lie down and stay down. For six years I have gone above and beyond to be 100% compliant and have tested crystal clear every month for six years and have never been short at pill count. That kind of compliance deserves reward in my opinion....at least it deserves for my opinion to be heard. I’ve worked for it. I’ve conformed bc my treatment is priority. Bc I know it’s what allows me to share good times w my two kids and my wife, to do things w them and be happy. Instead of being unable. So i want to be prepared for this appointment. I have printed out all the medications covered by bcbs insurance and will take that w me. Any of you that have advice I would be very grateful to hear it. Thank you so much and have a wonderful day. 

Justin 

advertisement

Comments

This discussion has been closed.