Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Digestive issues after spinal fusion surgery. Is this normal?

Hi Everyone,

I had L4L5 spinal fusion  cyst removal with hardware on 12.13.18.  

I am now just taking tylenol after taking oxycotin, muscle relaxants etc.  I went through the the constipation phase.  

I am now experiencing very very very soft stools and they are smelly (sorry for being so graphic). Has anyone experienced this? Should I be concerned for is this normal.

I go and see the neurosurgeon for the first time after my surgery on Tuesday, 1.8.  Should I ask about this?

Thank you

advertisement

Comments

• SAME! Definitely mention anything out of the norm to the doctor. For me, I think the antibiotics they gave me post op (and again on my ER follow up visit) did a number on digestion. Food also tastes different and my appetite is off. Your doctor needs to document everything so don’t be embarrassed to talk about it.

• Same here. I go through severe diarrhea after coming home, then I have harsh constipation for nearly a week. My poor hubby worries so much about me. I hear this is just par for the course and should get back to normal soon.

May we all have better bowels and backs in the New Year, and beyond.

Hope everyone is doing well and that you are feeling better today.

• advertisement
  • I hope you are feeling better also.