Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pain without success of diagnosis

Hi all, I'm new to this discussion group and would like to get some feedback from someone who have experience with something similar.

About 15 years ago I had an accident and fell with my lower back onto some steps.  Since then my back will sometimes feel like it locks and I can't turn or make any movement.  Recently I started to get a sharp shooting pain in my lower back and pain down the front of my leg and a needles and pins feel into the top "bridge" of my foot.  I had x-rays and a MRI scan done but it shows that there is nothing wrong.  I went for physio where they have sent me links which I feel indicates that the pain is in my head and exercise called the Jacobson treatment where you should for example blow up your mouth for 5 seconds, clench your fists, etc. which actually makes me feel more insane than anything else.  I have also been for 2 back adjustments and 1 neck adjustment after the chiropractor said that my hips are not aligned and he mentioned sciatica and that all should be healed after a few adjustments and exercise.  But after the 2nd back adjustment and neck adjustment I felt sick and dizzy and could not see the point in going back if it makes me feel worse.  I am in so much pain but are running out of options and patience as to how I can get proper diagnosis and pain relief.  Over the counter pain and inflammatory medications does not help either. 

Does anyone know if there is something out there that might help?

advertisement

Comments