Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

L4-L5-S1 3rd Revision Surgery Failed Diagnosed psuedoarthrosis again

Comments

• Jt, What type of bone did they use for the fusion? Was it autograft or allograft? With as many unsuccessful fusions you’ve had, If you decide to try to go the 4 time. Ask your MD about autograft. ( using a piece of your own bone versus allograft ( donor bone ) . The recovery is a little harder but typically has a higher success rate. Just my own opinion , if they keep doing the same technique but just using larger screws, you’ll end up with the same results! But if they use a piece of your own bone, the body accepts it easier. Hopefully resulting in a rock solid fusion! Please keep us posted!.....David

DavidG

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

• David is correct 

My first surgery they use donor..it failed bigtime which allow the level above to also collapse.  With my 2nd/3rd surgery which was a anterior/posterior done within a week of eachother they used bone from my hip. I was also on a bone stimulator for 9 months...I was fused rock hard in less then 10 months.

What you are facing is everyone's worse nightmare I truly feel for you.

• advertisement
  • I had to come back to this thread cause something hit me suddenly. 

One thing though hardware can fail it's not common for it to fail so many times..

One thing... has the possibility of a metal allergy been brought up ? Spinal hardware have trace elements such as nickel..all this hardware braking down and screws backing out as well as non fusion could be brought on by your body reacting to something in the hardware causing softing of the bones around the screws ect...just a thought and perhaps something you might want to be tested for.