Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

scs with heart monitor

i just had an ekg at my cardiogist's office, and the printout was all messed up. i had to turn my stimulation off for it to work properly.

my doctor wants me to wear a 30 day heart monitor, but acknowledged there would definitely be a problem with my stimulation device.

i i don't remember reading about this issue...is there a way around it so i can keep my stim on? thanks! 

julaine
advertisement

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,526

The best thing to do is contact the surgeon who put your device in and also contact the manufacturer.  They would have the complete details of what you can and can not do while wearing a stimulator.

There are also different types of heart monitors..   There are the halter  monitors that you generally wear for no more than a week, then there are the type you wear 24x7 for 30days.  The last one I wore after my heart surgery required me to wear it only during the day.

So, when you talk to the doctor or manufacture of the SCS, make sure you identify exactly what heart monitor you would be wearing.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • advertisement
  • @julainetheartist I have had many EKG tests performed without turning off my SCS. It has never caused an interference in the test. I wonder if this is a model specific issue based on the device manufacturer technology?

• hmmm...i have the medtronic adaptive stim device. i did contact my rep, who was surprised about the interference. his suggestion was to go ahead and at least try it. if the monitor has the same issue, he said maybe the dr could talk to the medtronic cardiac implant rep about having an implanted cardiac monitor (thank, but no).

i have had many holter monitors in the past. i could probably do without my stim for a week, but not for a whole month... it's working quite well! 

julaine
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • advertisement
advertisement