Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Any Positive L4,L5,S1 Fusion Story?

Comments

• RAMRRAM FloridaPosts: 72
    Thank you for all the positive stories. Going to have a fusion L4 L5 in September and needed the encouragement.
  • brendasmithbbrendasmith Calgary, Alberta, CanadaPosts: 1
    I had fusion surgery on L4-L5 about 10 years ago.  I can honestly say it was the best thing I had and relieved my pain so I could continue with a normal life.  I had physiotherapy after surgery and my recovery was about 3 months until I was back to normal.  Unfortunately because the joints above and below the fusion have to work harder, I'm now faced with another surgery.  For about a year now I have had severe hip/groin/leg pain so now I will have to have a laminectomy surgery for pinched nerves but the success rate is 70-80% so I'm looking forward to be pain free once more.  I'm due for this surgery on September 9 and it can't come soon enough!!
  • advertisement
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    hello brendasmith !
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• BodenmillerBBodenmiller Babylon New YorkPosts: 2
    I had my fusion on April 12 of this year. I was in the hospital for 9 days because the clipped the thecal sac and has spinal fluid leaking. After 3 days on my back they sat me up and within 3 minutes I got the worst headache I ever had. Things seemed like they were never going to get better. With that being said I'm happy to tell you I went back to work After 3 month, full duty. I work for a natural gas utility company, working outside digging, lifting, operating machinery ect. I'm not gonna say I don't feel muscle pain or weakness but it was better then the leg pain down both legs and the complete loss of movement in my right foot, along with the back pain. There is life after back surgery. I had spinal fusion from L-2 -L-5 and a disc replacement at L-3
  • LizLiz Posts: 9,745
    This is an old discussion created by a member no longer on the forum so I am closing it.

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • advertisement
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.