Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Chiropractor for corrective posture treatment plan

I went in a chiropractor office for pain in my thoracic area when sitting at certain positions and got some xrays taken and results after a week. Doctor showed me my unnatural neck curve, disc degeneration in thoracic and lumbar area, and my hip bone being unaligned causing one leg to be longer than the other.   I ended up signing up for 30 sessions spread out for about 6 months. I’ve been to a few sessions so far and each is only about 15 minutes which includes adjusting and cracking my neck, back and waste.  I’m not in any pain anymore but I would like my skeletal alignment to improve, especially having uneven leg length. Is this possible with chiropractic care? What is the likelihood of having all my problem areas corrected with this treatment plan?

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,425

Thats very difficult to say.  You will find that most members here do not like to go to chiropractors, especially after they have been diagnosed with spinal disc problems.  Some members even talk about damage being done by going to one.

But, they do have their place.  From what you stated, your dont appear to have a specific disc problem.   Degenerative Disc Disease is something that almost anyone by the time they are 30 will show signs of it.  Its basically the aging of our spine and can be managed wit approved exercises and NSAIDS.

Has your chiropractor said that they can fix the leg length problem?  Thats very important.  Having that condition can create a limp and throw off you gait which in turn could lead to more problems.

What type of doctor(s) have you seen besides the Chiropractor?

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • Jerome001Jerome001 Cocoa Beach, FloridaPosts: 330

Personally, I stay away from chiropractors. I have used them many years ago but knowing what I do now I would not do it again. There is so much more involved with correcting posture beyond manipulating the spine. Have you talked with your doctor about physical therapy?

• advertisement
  • I went to PT for 3 months for sciatica and back pain from a bulging disc 5 years ago. Not in pain anymore and I wouldn’t normally goto a chiropractor for pain management but I’m at a lost at where to go to try to even out my leg length. Chiropractor is sorta last resort without any invasive surgery.

• Jerome001Jerome001 Cocoa Beach, FloridaPosts: 330

I had a wonderful pressure point masseuse that corrected my leg length periodically. Have you tried that type of massage? It is a specific skill so you may need to research a bit to find the right masseuse. Good luck!

advertisement