Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Cymbalta for depression and anxiety

I have searched the forums and cant find this topic. Any one on Cymbalta for Depression and anxiety. I just started switching from Citalopram 40mg to Cymbalta 60mg. How does or did it work for you. My dr said I might eventually be able to get off of Zanex wile taking Cymbalta.

advertisement

Comments

• Hi broskisr
    I am not sure how you were doing a search. If you type that in the search box upper right hand corner of this page you will get tons of those who have commented on it. 
    I have never taken it for depression only pain and had a reaction to it had to quit. 
    Why does he want you to stop the Zanex and go to Cymbalta is it not working for you?
    Sherri

• I've been on Cymbalta for fibromyalgia for quite a few years. I take the max dose 120 mg a day.  When my anxiety became a bigger issue I was first given ativan which turned me into a zombie, same with xanax.  My dr put me on a dose of Buspar (as I call it a booster) and have found it has really helped and no added side affects.  I take 30 mg (2 x 15 ) in the AM and 30mg in the afternoon (usually late afternoon).  I've been on this also for quite a few years.  I'm very pleased and have felt no need to change anything.

Fiona~

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,236

I have been on Savella for about 10 yrs. for Fibro. I never had any side effects from taking it. When I had my pain pump implanted, my PM doctor wanted me off of it so I did. Six months later I was back on it, made that big of a difference.

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • Hello broskisr! I take  Cymbalta for depression and anxiety 90 mg, plus  ambilfy 10mg as a add on. The combination works great for me. I still have my break through days of  depression, but here lately I’ve been dealing with more anxiety. I was in a car accident so that’s why. But I think  Cymbalta  Is a great drug for both and it allowed me to stop taking  vaillium. My  psychiatrist that I just saw last week wants me to increase my dose to 120mg but I just don’t want to take that much. He just feels like it would benefit me with depression, anxiety plus pain. 

Anyway, I hope this helped! If you need to chat about anything I’m here. Take care of yourself and always treat yourself kind. Trace

• gfishggfish Pittsburgh PAPosts: 239
    edited 04/12/2019 - 6:35 PM

I Take Cymbalta also. 120mg a day. Give it time, It takes awhile before you will notice results.   

Greg fisher
  • advertisement
  • Is this a safe place to complain? To vent about feeling alone?  Not in the way you feel alone in your pain or your health but in the way you kinda hoped family would step up and help?  Just wondering.  I'm in a bad frame of mind to judge whether I'm expecting too much.

• nicky74nicky74 New York,NY Posts: 75
    edited 04/18/2019 - 10:28 PM

Fiona, unfortunately these people  don’t understand...you thought they will be understanding and supportive? Nope! They don’t have the ability,empathy or compassion! just because we’re not on a wheelchair they assume everything is ok. I feel guilty thinking  in this matter but It does seem to be family and close friends to treat you the worst.If I say I have a neck pain or my back hurts they will jump in to tell me how bad they hurt too! They can’t live a day in my shoes but they are ready to offer me solutions or natural treatment suggestions! They just don’t get it! So I don’t talk anymore.... hell no! I don’t like to discuss anything or explain how I feel. They see me struggling,but when they ask what is wrong or how I feel,I smile and I tell them everything is ok and I feel fine. see,don’t feel bad! you are not alone ! 

YES this is the right place for complaining and venting.You will always find the shoulder of someone who walks in the same shoes like you to rest your head on. Always.

• Jerome001Jerome001 Cocoa Beach, FloridaPosts: 330

Yes, I think most of us complain on this  forum at some time. Talk about family support...a friend of my wife had an L5-S1 fusion some time ago and he is back to going to the gym an working so she asks me why I can't do that and I probably could if I wanted too! Sure, no problem but I presume he doesn't have the myriad issues and problems I have in the spine and with pain. It's really great when she is supportive, right! :) Yes, I understand how you can be disappointed about the lack of compassion and support from those that are supposed to be there for you. On the bright side, you have us!!!!!  image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" />

• Fi, your not alone with this problem or thought. You WILL find out who your true friends are  after a procedure like we’ve all been through.As far as venting goes, When I am with friends I try not to vent because I know they don’t want to hear it. They honestly don’t know or care how our journey has affected us and just not physically. Everyone on this site understands and what’s great, their willing to listen! All of us at times need to vent! Here, you will never be judged or turned down......David

• Fiona,

I also try to remember it's hard on our loved ones too... they wish we could just be "better" and back to how we used to be.  Maybe they envisioned traveling, etc.  They get tired of me wanting to lay down at 8:30 after a bad day when there is so much left to do for the kids.  Since they are there every day, it's normal for them to feel some frustration.  I know that it's still frustrating.. but I'm with David here, I try not to vent to them because they are already having to deal with me everyday!  This site is a great place to be able to chat with folks that know what you are going through.

Kevin

advertisement