Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Just diagnosed with Arthritis in my neck and Straight neck with muscle spasms.

Hi, I am new here. Trying to find help and understanding. I am 37years old. I worked at my last job for almost 10 years. It required standing a long time, stooping,lifting,bending use repetition. I was diagnosed by my old doctor with Fibromyalgia and Carpal Tunnel. I also have mild scoliosis which they don't make a big deal out of. I got married and wanted to be a mother not knowing what was going on in my body. I have been home with my Daughter for 2 years now. During Christmas break I must have hurt my arm somehow and so it was going on for a month. Then I decided to go see my doctor and she did an X-ray on my neck from my symptoms and she saw I had arthritis and muscle spasms.  I had a lot of pain for a while and for years grinding in my shoulder blades but, my other doctor didn't catch it. I just thought it was fibromyalgia and dealt with but, I have gotten worn out so easy and fatigued.My neck cracks my shoulders grind and my arms crack. Now my whole hands get numb at times. My legs get weak. When I don't overdo it. I do better. Sometimes I still get spasms and burning sensations. Headaches I get from neck on up and pins and needles to burning pain. I was supposed to go back to my old job when she starts school next year or year after. I don't have experience or education for other jobs. It isn't easy getting some jobs now when you don't have these things. My mother in law and husband brought up getting cash assistance and trying for ssdi but, I am concerned because of my age for ssdi. Cash assistance may help me I don't know. I am stuck not knowing what to do. I do have enough credits to get disability as I created an account already on myssi. I appreciate no judgement as I am worried. I also was planning on trying to repeat my drivers test which I failed. I believe I failed because, I couldn't move my neck to look at the blind spot thinking I didn't see a car. My husband was counting on me to drive. His job isn't strong enough to carry us over all the time. Thanks.

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,245

Hello teetazsteeler!
    Welcome to Spine Health
    All new members should take the System Tutorial

Fibromyalgia is not something you "just deal with". I was told that over 25 yrs. ago when I was diagnosed. The doctor said "you have Fibro, deal with it, and walked out the door". I finally found a Rheumatologist that helped me with the right meds and started doing a lot of research. 
    But it sounds like you have a few things going on. If it were me, I would make an appointment with a  Rheumatologist to help you with the Fibro and arthritis. Because you are having numbness, burning and tingling, I would make an appointment with a neurologist. X-rays will show the bones but he would be able to do a MRI of your neck to show what the underlying problem could be.
    It is hard to get disability these days but I would certainly try. But you will need a diagnosis and a doctor saying you cannot work.
    So first things first, find out what is causing the problems in your neck.

No one will judge you on this forum. We are all here to help each other, including you.
    Take care and please let us know how you are doing. 

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • I have to get my Doctor to refer me to both neurologist and rheumatologist. Monday I am gonna call my doctor office and tell the nurse my symptoms that are bothering me. I was and got back on medicine for Fibromyalgia and it did help before my new doctor gave me a low dose of it. I am on arthritis med and muscle relaxer too now. I went years ago to a neurologist but, I never went back to my next appointment for personal reasons. I pry need to see one. Thanks.

• advertisement