Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Post Op anterior and posterior lumbar fusion L4-L5, L5-S1

My surgery was 01/30/19 with 1 complication. Once released from the hospital I felt really good for about 4 days. Now I feel 10x worse. Not sure if anyone else has had the same thing happen after surgery but I feel like air is being pumped into my buttocks and then hurts in the legs as well. Anyone else experiencing this??

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,425

You are so fresh out of surgery.  There are bound to be several ups and downs during the recovery process.

Please read  Recovery, the most important phase - Patience

But I always tell members, that when something becomes unbearable or something new, contact your surgeon to discuss it

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • I agree with Ron, anything that is new and severe needs to be reported to your surgeon, I also agree that you are very early in recovery, most likely nerves are waking up and that can be very painful, if you are not already taking nerve specific medications your doctor may want you to do so

challenger
    Spine-Health Moderator

• advertisement
  • Thank you. I did speak to my surgeon and he prescribed steroids which totally relieved the nerve pain. I’m now 4 weeks out and returned to work today! I know I’m still healing so I’m taking it easy. My anterior incision is completely healed with no pain whatsoever. But I still have a significant amount of swelling in my back. And is even more apparent when wearing my back brace. Any suggestions?