Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

How long on strong meds

Comments

• Like you, I have a high tolerance for pain meds. I only take Vicodin, Neurotin, and Flexeril, but I don't even get sleepy when I take them. They don't take all the pain away, only takes the edge off a little. Sometimes I think I have the high tolerance because when I was young I had migraine headaches and they gave me lots of pain meds to get through them. I did worry, however, right after my surgery that I could get addicted to them. However, I have weaned myself down to taking the Vicodin only once or twice a day and the Flexeril twice a day. It's really funny how one person can take one Vicodin and get spacy and I can take 2 and feel absolutely nothing at all. Wine, however, is a completely different story...2 glasses and I'm wasted. But...have not had any wine since my surgery. Figured I didn't want to have the "Marilyn Monroe Coctail." LOL