Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

3 Months Post Op...pain is back!?

Comments

• Thanks Challenger 

• LfiveSone, Chip is 100% correct in his advice. The one thing you’ll learn throughout all of this is patience. All of us going into the OR had the thought that after surgery our lives would all go back to normal and we’d be on our way. Some do, some don’t. Your still very early into your recovery as Ron advised. The worst thing you can do is become frustrated and then try and over do it. That’s where the patience comes in. Hang in there and know there are better days ahead!.....David

DavidG

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

• advertisement
  • Thanks David, I’m trying to be positive with continued patience. Just tired of being in pain and putting my life on hold. Thanks for your response. Joseph

• Joseph, I think now your understanding the reason for this website. For some of us, this is our future day after day. Patience is a virtue!  But it’s early in recovery for you and a lot of us so called “ old timers “ can help the new spinal patient. Your life changed to some degree when you entered the OR, just like ours did. What we want for you is to heal completely and have a great life when all of this is over!  I and every member here would love to hear you come back one day and say Guys and Gals, I’m doing great!....David

DavidG

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

• I am 3 months post surgery from L5-S1 ALIF/PLIF and still experiencing a constant achy feeling around the surgery site.  Was told that the pain achy feeling could be there for months as all the muscles begin to rebuild.  I just started returning to some activity with my physical therapist guidance and it has not been comfortable....its frustrating as I want to be "normal" but know that won't happen for many months. I try to stay positive with the help of my physical therapist who is super encouraging.  My advice is to really stay positive.

• advertisement
  • Joseph, how are you ? I hope everything is ok, wish you luck

• Hi everyone, back with an update. So had a nerve conduction study, EMG test done, they found no damage however patellar reflex test rated at 4+ as no response on the right side. Neurologist basically said will have to wait for MRI on May 28th to see what’s going on. She also mentioned Meralgia paresthetica for my right leg pain, but this only started when I awoke from surgery which didn’t make sense to me. 

Thanks for all your thoughts and kind words, I’m trying to stay positive and am just waiting for MRI at the end of the month with a follow up appt with neurosurgeon on June 3rd. Until then just trying to manage pain, do stretching exercises and continue massage therapy.

Will update when I have more news. 

Take Care

Joseph 

• Joseph

Thank's for the update, I hope everything goes well

Chip

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

advertisement