Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Cervical Disc Replacement

Hi All,

Hope everyone is well. Just looking for some experiences (I understand everyone is different). Due to undergo C6/7 disc replacement in a few weeks for serve stenosis with nerve impingement - unsuccessful epidural injections.

What recovery can I expect? And how long am I realistically looking to take off work? Currently work as a Nurse and spend most of the day driving in the job. There seems to be a disparity in answers on the internet - am I right at looking around the 12 week mark? 

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,527

That is always such a difficult question to answer.   There are so many variables, that given a number prior to surgery may not even be close.  Most surgeons and physical therapist tend to go with the 3 month (12 week) time period when things should really look up.   But those are just guidelines, some patients heal sooner, some later.

Please take a look at Recovery, the Most Important Phase

You might also want to look at these set of articles  All you need to know about cervical surgery

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • I had ADR at C6/7 a year ago. I recovered fast. I was back at work in 2.5 weeks (desk job). Three months should be plenty of time for a more physical job. I was back in the gym by then. Good luck!

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,372

If you would like, you can also join Feb. Surgery Buddies, members have conversations regarding their surgeries as well as recovery. There is a lot of support and information. Below is the link.

February 2019 Surgery Buddies

We hope to see you there.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History