It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Nearly 2 years after my initial issue with sciatica (l5/s1 herinated disk)I was finally on track to feeling better... then monday morning she showed back up with a vengence. Don't get me wrong mornings are always hard for me but about 5 to 10 minutes later I'm good to go. I've always had some pain but it was getting very minimal throughout the day and I was basically able to sleep through the night. Since Monday the only way to describe my leg is it feels as if I have poison ivy in my leg is swollen as a result of it even though visually on the outside you can't see anything. I'm having to walk high on the painful side as it feels my hip has shifted out of place and there's a shooting pain that goes down to my calf I'm having to wiggle back and forth when driving the car because it is unpleasant to sit in the car. The first few days I kind of ignored it and then about two days ago I decided to start taking ibuprofen regularly as I had stopped all my medicine. I'm wondering how long I should wait before I give pain management a call. I already have a pain management doctor I just haven't been going because I was getting better and wasn't on any kind of medication. Has anyone had this experience I'm sure everybody has flares up from time to time but this is one that brings me to my knees and causes me to yell out and cry so it's just not a normal day today flare-up that annoys me for a few hours. Sitting is miserable and standing feels good as long as I have something to put my hands on to take the pressure off my legs. Laying down is okay for some time but when I get up I feel much worse and this is on the opposite side of my body from where I usually have my pain. Generally I have pain first thing in the morning in my right butt of course that pain has gone away since this flare-up has started but my left leg feels like it has an infection and I can feel at least two knots in my hamstring. I am currently doing ibuprofen ice and my husband is attempting to break up the knots through gentle massage any other suggestions or advice anybody has? Knowing that I do already have an issue in my back should I wait or make an appointment for the doctor? It hasn't even been a full week yet and My worry is if I call the doctor by the time I get to the doctor the issue may have resolved itself