Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

suffering now

Hi I twisted my back a week before xmas as a result my lower back and leg were effected by pain .thinking I trapped a nerve or something dr put me on diazepam but that didn't work am now on amitriptyline 10mg/20mg but now my butt cheek and the back of my leg has gone numb with pain in my calf muscle so fed up been awake since 3am with pain and numbness don't know what else to try x



  • hammy2019

    Welcome to Spine Health Forum.

    It sounds like there is a good possibility that you have nerve entrapment in your lower back, you need to be seeing a orthopedic spine specialist or neurosurgeon and get the proper diagnostic testing to get a diagnosis. In the mean time you may want to contact your doctor about nerve specific medications and see if they would want you to start taking one of those, ice packs multiple times daily, they are only temporary but they do help with sciatica. This has been going on for 3 months with no relief, you may need to push hard for a referral as some PCP doctors seem to want to keep you as long as they can, as I said you need a spine specialist. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.


    Veritas-Health Moderator

  • I would get an MRI if I was in your shoes.  Anything more than eight weeks of continuous pain which isn’t getting better and I see a specialist.

    Part of the reason I believe a proper diagnosis is imperative is because with a speculative assumption you could be given medications that aren’t suitable for your problem.

    For example, many people on the forum who experience nerve pain are taking medications which are specific for nerve pain, such as Lyrica or Gabapentin.

    I wouldn’t want to be taking a benzodiazepine such as diazepam if my problem is nerve pain. 

    Good luck and please keep us posted.

  • advertisement
  • My Family Dr. ordered an EMG with a Neurologist for the numbness; I hope you get better.

    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
Sign In or Register to comment.