Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Fusion vs Replacement

I've heard people say the replacement is better than the fusion because of ROM issues.  Anyone care to share your disk replacement stories?  I wonder if it's based on insurance policy if they offer fusions most of the time or your particular situation? 

advertisement

Comments

• I had artificial cervical disc replacement rather than fusion. I have full ROM and am 100% at one year out with no physical restrictions. Recovery was fast and relatively painless for me compared to where I was before the surgery.

Some patients are not candidates for disc replacement because of physical circumstances. Also, some insurance companies balk at or refuse to cover the procedure because it’s still considered experimental even though it’s been approved in the US for almost 15 years.