Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

My back

Hello I was just wondering if anyone out there has had back pain that radiates to the chest.  Accompanied by shortness of breath when you lay down can all this be related . My doctor said my heart and lungs are good just wondering if all my problems can be attributed to my back pain .

advertisement

Comments

• DavidGDDavidG Posts: 1,024
    edited 06/17/2019 - 6:21 PM

Sennett, welcome to the best spinal site on the web! We are not allowed by web rules to give diagnosis due to no medical doctors are moderating this site. You really haven’t given enough info to help ie: age, medical Hx. Older people with cardiac Hx can have orthopnea, but younger people can have back issues where the back and or muscles cause pain which will radiate around the ribs and usually into the sternum. Press into your sternum lightly and see if it reproduces your back pain. Regardless, follow up with your regular MD! Please keep us posted!....David

DavidG

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

• wennat

welcome to spine-health

as david said we could really use some more information, you can do so by completing the checklist i have posted above. what you are describing could be caused by several things, one of them is the thoracic area of your back, in order to find out you will need diagnostic testing. you need to start with your primary doctor and go from there, if you need a referral they are the one's to do so. if this has been going on for some time and you are not getting results with your doctor, you may need to become persistent to get your point across. good luck and keep us posted.
    chip  

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• advertisement