Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Hardware

L-DoggLL-Dogg Posts: 101
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:22 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I realize this has been done before by Bruce and/or Dave..... but I wanted to do it also for fun.

I went in at 6:15AM today and was walking around at 11AM.....my wife picked me up at 1:30PM and we stopped at McDonald's on the way home. That was not really the best move as my sense of taste is really messed up after the anesthetic....everything tastes lousy and my throat hurts like a beeyotch from the aair tube that was in there......it feels like the pain of strep.

Here it is...I put a 1/4" guitar jack as an added size reference.

Anyway, we just ate a nice pasta dinner and I did dishes after since my wife cooked.

advertisement

Comments

• Mean hardware alright! What level did it come out of?
    Keep positive!

Bruce

...an old timer here and ex-moderator

• ....old Gypsyguitar here. L4/5. The rods are the PEEK one's.
  • advertisement
  • Hey Gypsy...sorry, didn't recognise you - The guitar jack should have given it away! (reminds me I have a couple of leads to fix for my boys).

So those are what peek rods look like...
    Keep positive!

Bruce

...an old timer here and ex-moderator

• Hey Gypsy,

Glad to see you're getting along. I keep mine on my desk at work as a reminder to sit right :))). Take it easy as best you can. It's hard cause you feel better. Be prepared if you have some minor setbacks in your recovery. You'll push through them in time.

Take Care.

Dave
  • Thats good advice Dave, I was starting to feel a little cocky about it....and I woke up feeling a bit more of the effects. Probably the good drugs wearing off LOL!!

Yeah, I plan to keep super vigilant for infection......check my temp regularly and all the other stuff. I have to keep the dressing dry for 2 weeks....he is adamant with this and will not allow anyone else other than himself to change it. It sucks 'cos I was going to get a super short haircut so I did not have to worry all that much about washing my hair but I never got to it.

Anyway, thanks again..good to hear from you guys.
  • advertisement
  • Wow, impressive! Are those Peek rods really light weight?
  • They are all light weight.
  • crazy pics!! thanks for posting.
    glad ur doing well.
    and WOW they sent u home that quick? surprised they did not keep u for 24 hrs. weirdddd how they do some things now.
    of course i would of been crying like a baby so they probably would of kept me for 3 days :))(

keep up the recovery!!!! =D>
  • for posting the pics....that is really cool looking... 8)
  • i used to tape a plastic bag or saran wrap over the site with medical tape. duct tape hurt more!!!
    but hey it kept it dry if you do it right. :D
advertisement