Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Am I The Only One ? FDA Study

Some of us have been majorly affected by this opioid madness . Some here on lower MMEs havent been so feel this crisis alot less then those of us that have been.

I have been on some form of opioid therapy for over 17 yrs of the 17 ..13 years I was on a high but steady dose with no increases.  I had pain yes but no were near what I am like now. I cant even begin to fathom how they expect a low dose to cover my pain the same...DUH!!!

But I love to read alot. Am I the only one that read the article that FDA is now going to study if round the clock opoid therapy is even useful with chronic pain...If this study proves it really doesn't or only alittle... there is talk of changing the labeling ...THAT...would spell catastrophic for ALL OF US!!!!

They would no longer be labeled as being for around the clock use. Which would or could cut all of us off...I myself see it happening atleast if things continue like they are with all the pending Law suits against drug companies.  This is truly frightening .

advertisement

Comments

• nutcase007nnutcase007 United StatesPosts: 861
    boo9989 - No, you are not the only one.  With all the fake science going on these days concerning chronic pain, I am expecting in the not to distant future, all opioids are going to be pulled for chronic.  I hope I am wrong, but please be prepared.
  • Just read a few days ago that the pharmaceutical company that manufactures Oxycontin has filed for Bankruptcy!....David

• advertisement
  • Purdue (manufacturer of Oxy) is exploring the possibility of filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. If that happens it means a financial restructuring. They won’t go belly up and close (that’s a Chapter 7, not a Chapter 11).

• L4L5,  You know how the News Channels work lol....David

•   First I saw it on CBS morning new last week. Then I read the CBS article that came out about the 60 minutes show on it . The articles is dated March 5th.

I'm not sure if Ron allows links. 

First off we all know how much doctors are bending. 90 mme isn't a law it's only a recommendation. Now with the FDA  wanting studies its sure to tighten even more . All it took for the opioid crisis is the seed to be planted.

• advertisement
  • nutcase007nnutcase007 United StatesPosts: 861

Follow the money...  Most of the FDA and CDC people have very close ties with Big Pharma.

advertisement