Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pain after surgery

Hello, plse help.  I had hemilaminectomy and microdiscrctomy of T 7-8 in February 2017 and Microdiscectomy T5-6 in August 2017.  Had good days and bad days.  Mostly bad days now. Excruciating pain at times and in tears for 3-4 hours.  I am on Gabapentin 300mg 3 times a day.  Had Norco and Robaxin but out of.  Scheduled for MRI next week. (Edit)

advertisement

Comments

• knaylor1

welcome to spine-health

all new members should take the system tutorial

new member information guideline / checklist 

you have been through a lot in a very short amount of time, thoracic surgery is very painful, i have had 5 lumbar surgeries including 2 fusions and 1 acdf surgery, i had t12-l1  microdiscetomy in nov. 2018, that was the hardest and most painful of all, my surgeon told me that the thoracic area has the most nerves and therefore can be the most painful.

you are on a relatively low dose of gabapentin, it may be a good idea to talk to your surgeon and see if they will up your dosage, you also say you are out of pain and muscle meds. is that because they will not give you more.

i hope your mri does not show anything that needs more surgery, if not you may need to be seeing a pain management doctor if not already doing so. 

are you using ice packs? they can be very helpful in relieving pain, it's only temporary, but anything helps.

good luck to you and keep us posted.

chip

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator