Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Information regarding Rhitozomy??

Comments

• I appreciate you taking the time to give me your take on the procedure.
    My next apt with my PM isnt until October 1st. So I have a couple + weeks to think about what I will discuss in terms of our next approach.
    I am hoping the ER form of Norco will be available to begin - if not then I am open to discussing another injection. I have had 2 but in the hands of my prior PM doctors. I truly trust this clinic more than any other medical facility I have been to, so maybe they will have better luck in succeeding with the injection.
    I also plan on discussing the possibility of nerve ablation, if even available.
    Otherwise we are on the road to a spine stimulator. Scary.
    Thanks again.

Alina
  • to hear how it goes for you, mine is scheduled for Oct 15th. Hope it does the trick for you!
  • advertisement
  • I have my next PM appt on the 26th and will bring it up to her. I will definitely post her take on it.

Thanks!!

Alina
  • Alina,
    So how are things progressing for you? I had my rhizotomy done on schedule (and successfully per my doc) and am (im)patiently waiting for the work to do its thing. I had my follow up visit, they say I may have another week or two of discomfort from the procedure itself and 4-6 weeks before the nerves die and I'll know the final results. Good news, I've not had any muscle spasms which they say is fairly common. Otherwise things are kinda status quo for now. I washed dishes for about 10 minutes yesterday and could hardly stand when I was through. My wife knew I was hurting and asked how I'm holding up... she knows I don't normally complain so she has to ask. That and she keeps me from doing too much because I will sometimes push myself further than I should.

Turns out my second injection wore off before the sedative did. When I told the doc it didn't work well he was pleased as that's what he expected to hear. He told me I can fully expect to have long term relief like what my first injection gave me.

Anyways, hope you are able to see progress after meeting with your PM
    Jay
advertisement