Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

new MRI results- how to make sense of them?

Comments

• When you meet with your doctor they may see things completely different than what your report says, they may see it as better or worse, there are many conservative treatments that can be beneficial, but like I said only a doctor can decide what treatments are right for you, you may take your images and report to 3 different doctors and get 3 different opinions as far as severity goes.

I have been in your situation several times, the last time was about 1 month ago, I had a myelogram, looked at the report, talked to another person that is well versed in spinal problems, we were both convinced I was headed for another surgery, went to my surgeon and he looked at everything and said he didn't think it looked as bad as what the report said and didn't think I needed surgery at this time.

What I have been telling you is you are going to drive yourself crazy looking at all this, I know it is hard to get it out of your head, but you will be a lot better off if you try to relax and not obsess over the report until you consult with your doctor, waiting for the answers is very hard, but being stressed out will only make your situation worse, stress tightens everything up and only makes your pain worse.

When is your appointment with your surgeon?

Chip 

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,526

@hunttux

Please keep in mind, forum rules

6.02 You agree not to ask for any analysis or interpretation of diagnostic tests (ie MRI, CTScans, EMG, etc.),

6.03 You agree not to respond to any request for analysis of diagnostic tests (ie MRI, CTScans, EMG, etc.)

While you stated that you are not asking for an interpretation, you are asking others for the next step.  That still boils down to giving and asking for advice.

The only person who is qualified to provide you with answers to your question is a doctor.   Any other input from members here may be solely based on their experiences.   And one thing that has proven out over time on these forums, what worked for one member does not work for another.

It also sounds like you would like some direction on where to go.  Please read  Chronic Pain , a step by step approach

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • advertisement
  • hunttuxhhunttux Posts: 6
    edited 03/21/2019 - 7:37 AM

[edit]- what is wrong with you people. I was pretty damn clear, although you moderators seem hell bent on turning everything into a violation. What is the point of a support forum when you try to limit all forms of potential support?!

You moderators May need to re-evaluate what your mission here and whether you are furthering it. 

Good thing the internet is a big place- I will move along and find somewhere that doesn’t try their hardest to put up roadblocks for people looking for help/Hope  

Give your collective heads a shake!

------------------- Objective and Mission

We Do Not Provide Medical Advice

The Information that you obtain or receive from Veritas Health, LLC and its employees, contractors, partners, sponsors, advertisers, licensors or otherwise on Veritas Health properties is for informational purposes only. All published medically related information is reviewed by independent health care professionals and organizations working in conjunction with Veritas Health, LLC. All information is (i) provided by independent health care professionals and organizations, (ii) for informational purposes only, and (iii) do not establish any patient/doctor relationship.

THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE AND IN ANY OTHER COMMUNICATIONS FROM/OR PROVIDED THROUGH VERITAS HEALTH, LLC, IS NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, NOR DOES IT REPLACE, PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT.

DO NOT DISREGARD, AVOID, OR DELAY OBTAINING MEDICAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU MAY HAVE READ ON THE SITE. DO NOT USE THE SITE FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL NEEDS.

IF YOU EXPERIENCE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY CALL 911.

YOUR USE OF INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. NOTHING STATED OR POSTED ON THE SITE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH ANY SERVICES IS INTENDED TO BE, AND MUST NOT BE TAKEN TO BE, THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE OR THE PROVISION OF MEDICAL CARE.

We do not recommend or endorse any specific tests, doctors, health care providers, procedures, opinions, or other information that may appear on Veritas Health properties. If you rely on any of the Information provided by the Site, you do so solely at your own risk.

• I am sorry you feel that way, I personally think I have given you some very good information and advice, although it was not what you wanted, I am really not sure what it is that you want, you said you wanted validation of your symptoms, so people would take you seriously, I gave you that, if you want me to tell you that you need surgery, I am not qualified to make that decision, if you find somebody else on the BIG internet that does tell you that, THEY ARE A FOOL.

Good luck to you, by the way if you decide to stay here you will be welcome but your profanity will not.

Chip

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• LizLiz Posts: 9,745

hunttux

I edited your original discussion to remove the sentence referring to the link which you posted wrong so your images didn't show up. This sentence then made no sense. I did not remove the image.

You wrote...........

"am i correct in looking at that image and thinking that bulge(s) is the cause of all my pain? " 

Asking for opinions is not permitted as there are no medical professionals and members would have commented to tell you so.

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • advertisement
  • Question for moderator Liz: how have you avoided surgery so far for spinal stenosis? My doctor does not want to cut into my neck but the pain has been excruciating while waiting for lumbar surgery and not being allowed to take meds anymore. He suggested more PT or Radiofrequency ablation, which I’m not too sure about. Thanks!

• Meant to put cervical spinal stenosis

• Hunntux, I can understand your frustration and worry and anxiety and hearing the rules doesn’t make it any better or easier. I can say that everyone who comes here for the very first time has the same concerns. You ask what’s next? The surgeon will review the MRI and either agree or disagree with the radiologist report. Then on your next appointment with the surgeon, He/ She will go over the report and explain your treatment plan and what he thinks is best for you. Prior to this appointment, make a list of all questions you have for him. It’s easier to write them down because you will forget some of the questions. He might order more test, nothing to worry about, there easy test. Then if more test are ordered and he’ll give you his full treatment plan and what needs to be done. And I understand you looking for hope! There’s ALWAYS hope! The WORST thing you can do, is to google all these terms and read all these horror stories! That are out there in google land! Sit back and relax, wait for your appointment! Please keep us posted....David

DavidG

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,526

pekelover said:
    Question for moderator Liz: how have you avoided surgery so far for spinal stenosis?

Liz, my respond directly to you.  But for more details regarding your questions, you should read 

What you need to know about Stenosis

Its best to keep this discussion on track

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • Joel1QJJoel1Q Posts: 324
    edited 03/21/2019 - 10:19 PM

Huntux 

Hope you hang around. In Aug 2017 my lumbar MRI showed four nerve impingements, two at L3/L4, one at L4/L5 and one at L5/S1.  I had the mandatory 6 weeks of physical therapy before my insurance even approved the MRI.  I then had 5 steroid injections, none of which really helped.  Continued PT during this time but did not improve at all. My pain dr at the time suggested a surgeon consult and I finally had three level lumbar surgery, fusion, decompression, 3 cages, loads of screws and rods and screws on the back side in Feb/Mar 2018.  

A year later I still deal with SI joint disfunction and neuropathy like pain in my lower legs and feet, along with numbness of most of my feet and all of my toes. 

One word of advise if you end up going the surgical route or not, try your hardest not to rely on opiates for pain relelief unless your pain mandates and Drs prescribe it.  It’s so hard to get off them once you rely on them for long periods of time. 

L3-S1 ALIF Feb 2018 and 

L3-S1 PLIF Laminectomy and Fusion March 2018

advertisement