Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pain after removal of benign menigioma from T5 area

i had surgery 8 weeks ago to remove a marble size menigioma from my thoracic spine. Surgery was a success. I was only on strong pain meds about three weeks. I now take ibuprofen and Robaxin. I have not returned to any where near %100,  I continue to have this muscle pain in my right back area, feels like pressure, hard to describe, just have to lay down more than I want to. Is this normal? I have read a couple of old forums that described a hard backpack on their back, sounds similar. I haven't done any PT, just walking and easy stretches.

advertisement

Comments

• jgf

welcome to spine-health

all new members should take the system tutorial

thoracic surgery is very painful and takes a long time to heal.
    have you talked to your surgeon about your pain?
    please look at and complete the links i posted above so we have more information, that way members will be better equipped to comment.
    chip 

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• I have 2 of those at T8 and T9.  I have terrible pain there that is only gotten worse.  My dr said he doubts those are the problem.  How did you feel with it before removal? What symptoms?  How did they know they were benign? I have had no further tests, so I have to wonder how they know they are benign?

• advertisement