Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

PSO on Friday, March 29

Well, here I am, 2 more days to this huge, complicated surgery! Going today for pre-op meeting with surgeon. I hope to get lots of answers.

It was described as one or two osteotomy in lumbar with cage up to T2 or T3. So my back will be rigid. I'm worried the most, after pain concerns, about how I will be moving afterwards. I've had information provided by several here trying to explain what I will be like post-surgery. 

I will be back this afternoon with the exact plan. Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated! Bonnie

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,526

For those that do not know what PSO Means:   Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy  is a surgical procedure used in adults and children to correct certain deformities of the spine.

I really dont know much about this surgery.  The one thing I did read is that the normal hospital stay is from 3 to 7 days.   Based on current insurance plans, this has to be a big surgery for that kind of hospital stay.

Good Luck, I hope it solves the problems

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • I just got back from the pre-op meeting with my surgeon. He is planning an osteotomy at L4, 4" screws into my pelvis for stabilization and the screws & cage to T3! This is a huge surgery and a very aggressive approach at my age, 70.

But what are my choices? Only 2, have this surgery or stay like I am. I've lived with my back continuing in hunch over for years until now my ribs are sitting on my pelvic bones! My neck is killing me from trying to look up when I'm standing. So I'm ready to do this and I  trust my surgeon. He advises me of what to expect and he is doing everything he can to help me feel confident.

I'm ready! Let's go! I'll let you know how it went ASAP afterwards. Prayers are appreciated! 

• advertisement
  • Good luck with your surgery, and keep that positive attitude, it will go a long way.

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator