Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Removal of Nevro stimulator

Just had my Nevro Stimulator removed after a year and a half of continuous pain and suffering. After 11 years of a number of fusions I now have an Harrington Rod. My first pain manager implanted my first implant which after a few days fell three inches in my buttocks pulling out the lead wires. Found out later he just assisted in a few implants, so I was his first dummy. I then was referred to a neurosurgeon who re-implanted the device with 16 paddles. This implant was terrible nothing but battery problems and more pain and never hearing back from the technicians from Nevro. Long story short just had the device removed one month ago having the wires being cut out of scar tissue and muscle. Since then nothing but severe headaches, pain in my neck and back and falling twice with the last fall giving me a concussion. After going through this hell, I ran into the regional manager for Nevro, and he said if he was my representative from the start he would of never recommended this implant because of my back history...

I’ve read nothing but horror stories about implants and I hate to believe this but maybe the surgeons and hospitals are being paid off. 

Bradley A. Burgin
advertisement

Comments

• Sounds like a real nightmare. I am about to begin my journey into long term heavy duty pain management. I am trying to educate on everything mechanical and otherwise. Did you just go with that manufacturer because it was suggested or is that type of device a pipedream? How did you manage your pain prior to implant?

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,527

About 2 years ago, I was looking into  Spinal Cord Stimulation.   The doctor presented me with about 6 different brands and gave me a quick run down on the pro's/cons' of each of them.  Plus he provided me with brochures and CDs for each of them so, I could review them at home.    He did asked me when I went for a return visit, which one did I think was for me and then he would give me his suggestion.

I never did have a SCS, the doctor felt that since I have disc problems at all levels plus heart bypass, he did not believe the SCS would address all of my pain.

The important thing, though was the doctor should give you enough information about all the devices

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • advertisement
  • Yikes, sorry to hear about your pain and anguish I completely understand your frustration. My doctor has recommended a stimulator to be inserted into my back. I can't see how this is a good thing in any way. I don't really feel that all of my other options have been exhausted yet so I don't want to even try it.